UK Chart: Dead Island Riptide debuts at No.1
Dead Island: Riptide claimed the top spot on the UK all formats all prices chart for the week ended April 27. The sequel to 2011′s smash hit Dead Island matched the original by securing the No.1 position in its debut week despite shifting less than half the number of copies managed by its predecessor.
Injustice: Gods Among Us slipped to No.2, while Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen and Star Trek were new entries in third and fourth places respectively. Also new this week were 3DS exclusive Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins at No.8 and PS3-only Deadly Premonition: Director’s Cut at No.38.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (previous week):
- Dead Island: Riptide (Koch Media)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner)
- Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (Capcom)
- Star Trek (Namco Bandai)
- Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- BioShock Infinite (Take-Two)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (Nintendo)
- Defiance (Trion Worlds)
- Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
By Tom Ivan